Step-by-step solution file
Matching: Place the letter of the description found in the
please assist with the following assignment, please view attachment
Matching: Place the letter of the description found in the column
on the right in front of its correct matching term in the column on
5. Carbon Footprint
A. Any unwanted or discarded material that is not a liquid or a
B. Contaminant-laden ?soup? retrieved from sanitary landfills.
C. The decomposition of organic wastes and converting them
into useful fertilizer or mulch.
D. The amount of carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gasses
that are emitted into the atmosphere as the result of human
E. The phenomenon in which the combined action of two things
is greater than the sum of their effects individually. Identify the following acronyms by first spelling out what the
letters stand for and then briefly describing the significance of
Short Answer Essay Discussion Items:
12. What is the significance of the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland,
OH in terms of the history hazardous and toxic wastes?
13. List the three primary routes of entry of toxic materials into the human body for those exposed.
14. Define the terms teratogenic, carcinogenic, and mutagenic
and explain how they relate to hazardous and toxic substances.
15. Compare and contrast biodegradable vs. nonbiodegradable.
16. Compare and contrast persistent pollutant vs. nonpersistent
This question was answered on: Feb 21, 2020
This attachment is locked