Step-by-step solution file
Please help with this worksheet! You only need to answer 5 of the
Please help with this worksheet! You only need to answer 5 of the questions but they need to be very detailed!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-0404050076apr05-story.html The two links above describe a story about our very own city of Columbus, IN and its main employer
Cummins. We couldn?t have a better perspective on how international business plays out in real life. The
author describes in great detail, how communities and lives get impacted through globalization. Read through the article to answer only FIVE of the following questions. Some answers may not come
directly from the links above, and you may have to refer to other sources you have used. Each response
must be at least 300 words.
1. At the time when this article was published, what were some measures was Cummins taking to
stay competitive? Mention at least five.
2. Think about the impact of globalization on people?s lives. How was everyday life in Columbus
affected by globalization and international business? Mention at least five.
3. Do you think Cummins would be at least as profitable as it is today, if it had refused to embrace
globalization, as it did in 2000-2004 (when this article was published)? Justify your answer with
arguments and some data.
4. This article also hints at ways in which general wage earners and communities can handle
globalization. Mention at least 3 of them.
5. Does globalization help? State your personal opinion on whether it has helped (a) local
community, (b) businesses, (c) consumers (d) employees and (e) shareholders. Which one has it
6. There seems to be a growing movement against free trade and large trade deals. Would you
agree to the statement above or not? Justify with at least five reasons. (Think resistance to TPP,
7. How and why was India chosen as the destination for the new tech center for Cummins? What is
comparative advantage? What was India able to offer that was not present in US at the time.
8. Identify any ethical dilemmas that the CEO of Cummins might have been having at the time,
when the article was published. Is the employee in India as important as the employee in
9. Identify some trade agreements that exist between India and USA or USA and China. What are
the main ones, and how to do they help or hinder business between these countries?
10. What are some of the main cultural differences (Chapter 2) between India, China and USA?
Mention at least five.
This question was answered on: Feb 21, 2020
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.