Step-by-step solution file
Comprehensive Product Costing Select your favorite drink or snack
Comprehensive Product Costing
Select your favorite drink or snack item manufactured by a publicly held company. For this product respond to the following:
- Where is the product manufactured?
- Given the suggested retail price of the company and using a 50% markup on price at retail, determine the sell price to the distributor/merchandiser. Review the company?s overall gross margin. If the product is sold direct to the consumer you may apply the gross margin as calculated. Applying the gross margin percentage to your product sales price, infer the cost of the product. Present your calculations in a supporting table.
- Complete the same exercise for a competitor?s product of the same type. Present your calculations in a supporting table included in your paper.
- Comment on the differences in cost between the two competitors, and assert the reason for this difference (e.g., does the company compete on cost or differentiation?)
- Apply the concept of the value chain to this product. What types of costs would be relevant for each segment of the value chain for this product?
- Research a single critical ingredient of your snack and its source. Do you expect significant increases in the cost of this ingredient over the next year? Support your response with input from the commodities market or other economic data.
- What are the opportunities to offset this price increase, maintain gross margin and offer the product to consumers at the same price currently? Present your calculations in a supporting table included in your paper.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 7-10 pages in length including supporting tables, not counting title and reference pages
- Cite and integrate at least three credible sources.
- Format according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
Twinkie is an American snack cake which is marketed as ?Golden Sponge Cake with Creamy
Filling?. It was formerly produced by Continental Baking Company and distributed by Hostess
This question was answered on: Feb 21, 2020
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.