Step-by-step solution file
1. A share of stock currently sells for $60, pays an annual
1. A share of stock currently sells for $60, pays an annual dividend of $4.00, and earned a rate of return of 20% over the past year. What did this stock sell for one year ago?
2. What is the expected return on a portfolio that will decline in value by 13% in a recession, will increase by 16% in normal times, and will increase by 23% during boom times if each scenario has an equal likelihood of occurrence?
3. What is the approximate variance of returns if over the past 3 years an investment returned 8%, -12%, and 15%?
4. Which one of the following risk types can be most eliminated by adding stocks to a portfolio?
Inflation rate risk
5. What is the beta of a U.S. Treasury bill?
6. Calculate a firm's WACC given that the total value of the firm is $2 million, $600,000 of which is debt, the pre-tax cost of debt is 10%, and the cost of equity is 15%. The firm pays no taxes.
7. WACC can be used to determine the value of a firm by discounting the firm's:
after-tax net profits.
free cash flows.
8. "Give me $5,000 today and I'll return $10,000 to you in 5 years," offers the investment broker. To the nearest percent, what annual interest rate is being offered?
9. The only measure of firm performance that accounts for cost of capital is:
10. The Corner Market has fixed costs of $1,600, depreciation of $1,200, a tax rate of 35%, and a cost of capital of 12%. Variable costs represent 67% of sales. What minimum level of sales must the market obtain to avoid a net loss on its income statement?
Return over past year = (P1-P0+D)÷P0
20% = ($60-P0+$4)÷P0
0.2×P0 = $60-P0+$4
Share price year ago, P0 = $53.33
Calculation of expected return on a
Return Probability (1/3)
This question was answered on: Feb 21, 2020
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.