Step-by-step solution file
Cultural Competency Assessment and Planning: Strategies We have
Cultural Competency Assessment and Planning: Strategies
We have examined areas related to developing cultural competency, as well as developing health professionals and educators. The 2000 DHHS report, Healthy People 2010, has two primary goals (1) increase quality and years of health and (2) eliminate health disparities (DHHS, 2010, p. 2).
Consider the following questions and answer in 300 words :
* Discuss the importance of one leading indicator discussed in Healthy People 2010 and how it impacts goal number two, "eliminate health disparities."
* After reviewing the various self-assessments models or tools, select one for discussion and analysis. You might want to do an Internet search and visit various Web sites (such as, the Joint commission, National Center for Cultural Competence, Healthy People 2020, American Speech, Language and Hearing Association) or find one from your textbook readings.
* Identify and discuss the importance for health care leaders to develop goals (benchmarks, measurable, or timelines) in support of a health care organization's strategic goals?
* How can health care data collection be helpful in assessing effectiveness of cultural and language services and improved communications and outcomes? Provide a specific, detailed example.
* To what extent can self-assessment help individuals and organizations understand where they are and what they might need when considering Continuum of Care to meet patient's needs? Explain.
* Think about your course project. What benefits will be derived from self-assessments?
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Healthy people 2010. Retrieved from http://www.healthypeople.gov/2010/Document/tableofcontents.htm#
Healthy People 2010 expand on comparative activities sought after over the previous two
decades. Every goal has an objective to be accomplished by the year 2010. These targets are
sorted out into...
This question was answered on: Feb 21, 2020
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.